Click here for more information This product was fantastic. I received it within a week of ordering. It came with all the necessary tools as well. If you are mechanically inclined or use to working with solid-state components I highly recommend this product. There are plenty of videos online to assist you. My screen was shattered pretty bad so it took a little time to get all the glass out, but was well worth the effort. It saved me up to $200 by doing it this way. If you are not mechanically inclined you may want to shy away from attempting this repair. Replacement iPhone 3GS LCD Touch Screen Glass Digitizer & Adhesive + Screen Cleaning Cloth
I had an engineer do the replacement and he spent over an hour and when finished although it worked I now have an oversensitive Iphone causing it to go to mute when on a call.
The replacement process is very difficult especially when trying to re-attach the ribbon cables. I suggest a qualified person to do the replacement.
There are no instructions, but I never thought there would be. There are plenty of great videos on you tube, and I'm not sure why the previous buyer had a problem with the screwdriver as my philips head fit fine. The suction cup and green spudgers were kind of worthless and I ended up using the small flathead screw driver to pop out the screen. My screen was completely shattered. Be careful on making sure you get your ribon cables connected good. I had to pop the screen back out after I thought I was done because I didn't get it seated all the way. It did take me a while, about an hour and a half, but most of it was removing the shattered screen and just being anal about the whole thing. Turned out perfect!!!! I'd buy this product over and over again without hesitation.
This might work just fine if the screwdriver was the right size and if there were some directions on installing the new faceplate.
I managed to find some directions HERE:
[...]
But it's no good because the main tool - the screwdriver - doesn't fit! ROOOOOOOOOAR!
Angry face!
>:(
»»»Visit Store NOW...
Best price click here