Tuesday, 14 June 2011

Lcd Monitor Stand - monitor riser, lcd monitor stand


Click here for more information
This all-plastic stand is wide enough for laptops to fit underneath, but not standard desktop keyboards. I tried to use it for a dvd player (16 3/4" wide) under a 19" LCD TV, but it was not wide enough (spec of 16" clearance before you hit the legs is pretty exact). If you're thinking of having an object wider than 16" to extend past the platform edges, that probably won't work either as the front and back legs are pretty close together - you only have 11.3 cm (4.45") between them to squeeze through.



Legs come off pretty easy if you lift the platform up off the table. It's plenty stable when at rest and in use. It's just inconvenient when picking it up to move it to have the legs fall off.



Measurements: I measured it, and the dimensions given in the description are prettty accurate. The platform is not a true square as all four sides bow out a bit (for style): 20 x 12" are the dimensions at their longest (through the middle). As stated, it does raise the monitor from 1" to 5.875" in increments of 1.625" (1 5/8). As stated, you have almost exactly 16" between the left and right legs to fit a wide object. But not stated, you have just 4.45" (11.3 cm) of clearance between the front and back legs. Trivia: The cross-sectional dimensions of the leg segments: 3.2 x 6.7 cm (with round corners).



Not too expensive at thirty. Looks ok. 3M Extra-Wide Adjustable Monitor Stand (MS90MB)

First, the design description, which is not complete from the manufacturer: each of the four legs of the stand is comprised of your choice of 1 to 4 plastic pieces. Thus, the monitor stand height has four discrete "settings".



It is large, which is nice, because it also acts as a shelf for a few desk items, and allows the area underneath to be used for more desk clutter.



But, after a month of use, with a 22" widescreen LCD monitor on it, it is sagging in the middle. The problem is that my monitor's base now wobbles front to back with any desk vibration because of the sag in the monitor stand. The sag produces a small gap and it is only supporting my monitor's base at the right and left sides. Monitor's front and back feet are suspended a millimeter or so above the gap created from the sag, which allows it to wobble front-to-back.



At the time of purchase, I felt this was basically an overpriced piece of plastic, but I needed it for better ergonomics. Now that it is sagging, I think it's an overpriced piece of junk. If I had not recycled all the packaging, I would return it.

I purchased this stand for a TV and dish receiver. As nothing can be placed on top of the receiver, this stand works perfect to keep the TV off of the receiver. The stand is just wide enough to fit over the receiver and would also accommodate a VCR as well. We are very happy with this product.

I wanted A monitor stand so I could set my center speaker of my 5.1 computer sound system under it. Monitor stand stats will tell you how high it raises the moniter but not the clearence under the stand top. I needed about 4.25 inches. This stand gives me 5 inches of under the lower edge of the stand top...this is excellent. I even have a little room to tilt the speaker up if I choose. Six inches is the total height it raises the monitor. Its a 21.5 inch Dell wide screen monitor. I do not know what it weighs but the stand top does not sag. I give it a thumbs up. Not wide enough to slide your keyboard under but that is not what I bought it for.

The monitor stand was purchased to act as a cover for a surge protector/battery backup and its maze of wires connected to it. It works very well to protect those things from dust, and makes for a much neater appearance on my desk.



Assembling the leg parts and connecting them to the platform takes a bit of patience as the components are upside down as one works on them and don't always stay in place.



It has not been used to hold a monitor but with the weight of a monitor holding it down it should be stable enough by virtue of gravity.

Update: Watch out for this one....... I have my 27" iMac on it. A full 8lbs under the maximum. It is now sagging. I could probably cut a piece of wood and make a pier to place in the middle.... but I plan on replacing this and using it with my printer......... avoid getting this if your computer is (my best guess) more than 15lbs.





I purchased this to use with my 27inch iMac. The iMac weights in at 30lbs so it is 10 under the max for this stand. I looked at many stands at local stores. Had trouble finding one that would give the height I needed and still be able to handle the iMac. I am 6'6" tall so I needed something with height. The stand appears to be well made. It blends in well with my glass/metal computer unit. If you are needing something for height this is it. The keyboard easily fits beneath it if you want.

UPDATE: Someone had mentioned it sagged..... made me hesitate on buying it..... glad I took a chance. I placed a few books so that they just barely touched the middle of the underside of the stand. Now after many weeks it has not sagged at all. - Monitor Riser - Lcd Monitor Stand - Monitor Stands - Dvd Shelf
»»»Visit Store NOW...


Best price click here